We have a good range of Eyebrow Jewellery under Products in The Body Jewellery Section
The piercing will take approximately 5-6 weeks to heal, it is not uncommon for some bruising to occur post piercing under the eyebrow.
In some people, healing may take longer; the better you care for the piercing the quicker it will heal, and the less problems you will have.
Migrating or growing out is a common issue with eyebrow piercings as they are classed as surface piercings. It really depends on the person as to how long your eyebrow piercing lasts avoiding trauma is the key.
DO’S & DON’TS TO CARE FOR EYEBROW PIERCINGS
THE NUMBER ONE REASON FOR INFECTION IS TOUCHING AND PLAYING WITH THE PIERCING; ONLY TOUCH THE PIERCING WHEN CLEANING IT!
- Wash your hands before touching the piercing
- DO clean the piercing in the shower every day, use protex soap
- Make sure shampoo and soap is rinsed well out of the piercing
- Make sure moisturizers and make up are kept well away from the piercing until it is healed
- Make some salt water up by dissolving sea salt in warm water (1/4 teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm boiled water; table salt contains Iodine and might sting), or “Studex”cleaning solution clean morning and night for the first 2 weeks then as necessary.
- Soak a clean cotton wool ball in the salt water and apply it to the piercing for 2-3 minutes or until any crusting is dissolved.
- It's important to remove all the crusting because it can concrete on the jewellery and tear the inside of the wound causing pain and inflammation. Rinse with fresh water and move the jewellery very gently to ensure that there is no crusting remaining.
- if you work in a job which is dusty, or if you have sweat stinging the piercing clean with studex 3 times a day during the healing process
- DO check once a day that the jewellery is screwed on tight, clean hands with a germicidal soap before touching the jewellery. (the balls screw on clockwise)
- Wait at least a month preferably 6 weeks before changing the jewellery.
- DO leave jewellery in the piercing for the first 6 months, or the hole will close up.
- DO be careful if you are in crowded places like pubs or nightclubs, people have a tendency to try to pull at the jewellery.
- DO try to sleep on the side opposite the piercing; this reduces movement of the ring.
- DO keep your bedding clean, especially your pillowcases, to reduce the chance of infections.
- DO use B-vitamins with a Zinc supplement as they promote healing.
- DON’T put your head under the water in a public swimming pool or spa for at least 2 weeks due to the high bacteria content in public pools.
- Be very careful when dressing and undressing not to get your eyebrow piercing caught in your clothes.
- When wearing hats make sure they are kept well away from the piercing.
- There are a few secrets to hiding your eyebrow piercing, if you need advice please ask
- Be fussy with your jewellery choices, a lot of cheaper body jewellery has lots of nickel and lead it which can leach into your body causing nasty reactions that are often mistaken for infections
- If you are worried or need reassurance go and see your piercer rather than asking your friends
for more information try
Removing piercings for Surgery, scans/x-rays
You are often requested to do this and depending on the age of your piercing this can lead to the piercing closing up.
Use bioflex or PTFE with plastic balls, they not only keep your piercing open but the are safe to scan etc